[Declaration of Intellectual Properties]
Premise：All designs must be the entrant’s own original work；If legal protection for intellectual property rights has been applied for; the holder of the patent rights must be the entrant.
- To protect the entrants’ intellectual property, the organizer encourages entrants to apply for legal protection for intellectual property rights before they submit their entries.
- If the participants had applied for legal protection for intellectual property right and this had been approved before the competition (The entrants should pay the necessary expense themselves). The entrants should discuss with the organizer, and sign an agreement, allowing the organizer to commercialize or promote the product.
- The organizer has priority to apply for legal protection for intellectual property rights for any entries that have not yet been applied for. If the entries are qualified to apply for legal protection for intellectual property rights directly without modification, the organizer will pay all the necessary expenses for legal protection and the entrants still will be the inventors and should help the organizer to provide necessary documentation during the procedure of applying for legal protection.
- For entries that have not applied for any legal protection for intellectual property rights, if someone makes improvement to facilitate application for legal protection for intellectual property rights, both entrants and improvers could be the inventors of the design. The entrants should provide the necessary documentation to help the organizer apply for legal protection and the organizer will pay all the necessary expense.
- Based on the requirements of research and publicity, the entrants grant the organizer all rights to copy, photograph, video-record, publish, display in public or publicize the documents, pictures and files of entries. All entrants are obliged to provide relevant photographs and information regarding entries.
– Other Regulations:
- The organizer will reject incomplete, inconsistent or improper documents and designs. Furthermore, the organizer will not return submitted document and designs.
- Entries will not be returned to the entrants, but entrants can make a notation at the time of registration that “The organizer has no right to publicize my entry if the design is not selected for the finals.”
- The decisions of the juries are final and binding.
- To defend the fairness of judging, entrants may not publicize their prize-winning entries before the announcement of the results.
- After the announcement of the results, entrants can publicize their prize-winning entries. In order to integrate and generalize the result of the whole activity, entrants should notify the organizer once their designs are put into the public domain through any media.
- Entrants should notify the organizer once they sign any agreement with a third party regarding prize-winning entries. The organizer also has to notify entrants once a third party is interested in any prize-winning entries and willing to cooperate.
- All entrants are regarded as having a full understanding of the regulations for the competition and being willing to comply with every rule.
- The competition is run and implemented by the Cycling & Health Tech Industry R&D Center (CHC), which exercises all of the rights and obligations of the organizer. Please do not contact the DOIT, MOEA or supporting organizations directly regarding this competition.