The international Bicycle Design Competition (IBDC) has been hosted by the Cycling & Health Tech Industry R&D Center (CHC) with the supervision and support by the Department of Industrial Technology, Ministry of Economic Affairs of R.O.C. (DOIT, MOEA). Founded in 1996, IBDC aims to establish a platform for creative concepts and designed work, introduce the original design ideas from the global main consumer markets, and attract designers around the world to contribute their creativity to the future of cycling. With different cultures and interests exchanged from various countries, IBDC hopes that the level of cycling design can be sharpened and then become more internationally alike. Based on this vision, Taiwan can be the hub of creative and innovative cycling design, and keep creating new trends in the bicycle industry.
In reply to the fact that intelligence and sustainability are industrial development trends in recent years, and experts from industry, academy, and research institutes all mentioned products should be designed considering user needs and scenarios at the expert meeting held before the competition; thus, the competition theme of the 25th IBDC is set to be “Intelligence．Sustainability．Cool Lifestyle”. With this theme, IBDC hopes that more intelligent, sustainable, and cool bicycles can be created, continuously introducing innovative ideas to the bicycle industry.
We sincerely invite you to participate in the 25th International Bicycle Design Competition (IBDC)! Online application: http://ibdc.tbnet.org.tw
Department of Industrial Technology, Ministry of Economic Affairs of R.O.C. (DOIT, MOEA)
Cycling & Health Tech Industry R&D Center (CHC)
Co-organizers: (Listed alphabetically)
Taiwan Bicycle Association (TBA)
Taiwan Design Research Institute (TDRI)
Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA)
[Benefits of Participation]
- International attention: Taiwan takes the leading place in the global bicycle market, which catches the attention of people around the world.
- Awards Ceremony: The award ceremony of IBDC takes place at Taipei Int’l Cycle Show, which is the biggest cycle show in Asia. Each year, more than 1,000 companies and manufacturers as well as over 50,000 visitors from over 30 countries attend the show.
- Honor and Prize: Award-winning entries will be presented cash prize and certificate to recognize designers’ great effort.
- Presentation and Publication: Award-winning entries will be shown on printed or digital preview, which will be published during Taipei Int’l Cycle Show. In addition, a presentation will be held, and the award result will be exposed in media.
- Opportunities of Entry-matching: Award-winning entries will be introduced to bicycle manufacturers to look for opportunities for entry-matching and commodification.
- IBDC Logo Authorization: Award-winning entries are authorized to use IBDC’s Logo on promotion or publicity.
- Connection with design award: Gold, silver, and bronze award entries of the 25th IBDC can applied for the Golden Pin Concept Design Award 2024 with the qualification of automatically entering the secondary selection.